Professional Opportunities / Employability
The Political Science and International Relations programs enables to students to engage in the following fields:
- Diplomatic and Consular Careers
- International Organisations, NGO Careers
- Teaching and Research
- State Entities
- Social Action Entities
- Local, Regional and National Public Governance Institutions
- Private Companies and Business Associations
- Financial Institutions
- Media and Public Relations Entities
- European Union Institutions (Council, Parliament, Commission and Support Services)
- Multinational Corporations
According to a survey carried out between 22nd and 25th March 2010 of the 34 IEP-UCP graduates in 2010:
Sic months after graduating:
80,7% of graduates are either in the 2nd Study Cycle and/or working;
53% of graduates are employed;
19.2% dof graduates are unemployed or not studying.
Of the universde of employed graduates:
57% are working whtin their field studies. Of this universe, 87.7% work in national companies ans institutions and 14.3% in international companies and institutions,
42% eare working outside their filed of studies.
Of the universe of employed graduates and/or continuing with their studies:
38,80% are continuing with their studies;
28,50% are employed;
33,30% are employed and continuing with their studies.
According to a survey carried out between 22nd and 25th March 2010 of the ten IEP-UCP Master's Degree Graduates in 2010:
83,30% work in the field of academic education. Of this universe, 80% work for Portuguese comanies and institutions, located in Portugal and the remaining 20% in Portuguese institutions located internationally.
- 16,7% work outside the academic field.
Of Master's graduate employed and/or continuing with their studies:
- 83,30% are employed;
- 16,70% are employed and continuing with their studies;
- 0% are continuing with their studies.
Employability Report 2010 (in Portuguese)